A prerequisite for document publication is high- performance imposition technology which is easy to use. The PDF-based – and therefore source format-independent – workflow of Fiery® Impose allows intuitive editing and collation of complete documents. The integrated Adobe® Acrobat® programme with Enfocus® Pitstop can be used for pre-flight editing. Fiery® Impose is available as an option for all current Fiery® colour controllers. It is a component of the Fiery® workflow and is started from the Command WorkStation®.
- Templates for imposition: Predefined templates are provided for common imposition layouts in order to speed up the imposition process: letter fold, book/calendar binding, accordion fold, double gate fold, head-to-head binding, back fold (for stitching or gluing). Separate templates may also be defined. Please note the finishing capacities of the respective digital system.
- Multiple layouts: This makes it possible to significantly reduce paper consumption particularly for small-size documents such as business cards.
- Mixed media: Media can be permanently assigned in combination with the Paper Catalogue as well as the paper cassettes.
- Creep allowance: Variable adaptation of the creep allowance so that the text content is correctly aligned on all the pages of a document.
- Zero margin width: Layout scaling, positioning and alignment do not take place on the basis of the printable area, but on the basis of the actual physical size.
- Adaptable crop and fold marks: It is possible to individually define the colour, length, thickness and type of crop and fold marks.
- Support for pages with identical and different sizes: Automatically check the page size for every job.
- Addition, deletion and duplication of pages: Pages can be added, deleted or duplicated without access to the source data.